27 January 2012

Pin It #1

There are times when David is on nighttime baby duty << which includes giving him a bottle and/or rocking the little bugger to sleep >> and instead of doing something productive like laundry, I lurk Pinterest.

I always come across something and think, "Wow, I'd like to try that." So I Pin It.

The other day I was looking for a quick, easy, healthy dinner idea. My sister was coming over after work while the hubs went with her fiance for their suit fitting, followed by dinner out with all the groomsmen.

Here's what I landed on, pinned to my "Who's Hungry" board, and it's all courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens:
Farfalle with Mushrooms and Spinach

In the end I used the recipe as a really good base for our dinner. From the original recipe, I doubled the quantity of mushrooms called for, added another half of an onion, 2 tsp of paprika, and for moisture I put in a cup of stock (chicken is what we had). For toppers, in addition to the parmesan cheese we put walnuts and thinly sliced steak that the hubs grilled the night before.

On a rainy winter evening, this was pretty darn comforting. Thanks Pinterest. This one's a modified keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment